Founded in 1998, Building & Earth specializes in geotechnical services, environmental services, CMT and special inspections services. We have offices in multiple regions throughout the United States, including our Springdale Arkansas location. Each branch has a team of experts that includes geotechnical engineers, construction materials testing experts (CMT), environmental consultants and certified inspectors. In addition to our geotechnical and environmental engineering services, we offer special inspection services to ensure compliance with International Building Code(IBC) requirements. Further, we provide special services, including surface testing, environmental profiling, thermal image scanning, and more.
Building & Earth is proud to serve Northwestern Arkansas. Our consulting engineers understand the geography of Springdale and its surrounding areas. We find this expert knowledge allows us to provide the very best professional engineering services to meet our client’s needs.
Our geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, CMT and inspections services experts maintain a standard of excellence to ensure successful project implementation. As consulting engineers, we understand the importance of remaining knowledgeable in our field and of the market sectors we serve. We accomplish this through an intense focus on internal quality control, employee training, certification, and accreditation. We are registered in 35 states and have 12 branches throughout the country. This gives our local experts the ability to easily work with other geotechnical and environmental consultants in addition to certified inspectors across the United States.
We strive to develop partnerships with each of our clients. When we partner with you, we can truly understand your needs and what it will take to make your construction project successful. As your partner, we know that our success will mean your success. Our Springdale, AR branch is led by Kevin Hodges, P.E. During his 26 year engineering career, Mr. Hodges has managed civil, environmental and construction services on a variety of projects in a multitude of market sectors including industrial, retail, commercial and residential. Mr. Hodges’ variety and depth of experience makes him a great asset and leader for our local branch.
Reach out to our Springdale team today. Our team of professional engineers and CMT experts will be happy to talk more about our services and how we can partner with you.
What We Do
Building & Earth provides a full range construction materials testing (CMT) services including Laboratory and Field Testing, Soil Testing, Asphalt Testing and Concrete Testing.
- Compaction and Moisture Testing of Soil and Base
- Foundation Observations
- Concrete testing including Slump, Air Content, Compressive strength
- Masonry Testing and Observation Services
- Asphalt Testing Services
- Modified & Standard Proctor
- Swell Testing of Plastic Soils
- Classification Tests (Gradation/Atterberg Limit Tests)
- California Bearing Ratio
- Limerock Bearing Ratio
- Superpave Mix Evaluation
- Stability & Flow
- Marshall Density
- Bulk Specific Gravity
- Compressive Strength
- Flexural Strength
- Unit Weight
- Mix Design
- Splitting Tensile Test
Our drilling and coring services team has vast knowledge of testing and evaluating subsurface conditions and materials.
- Split Spoon and Shelby Tube Sampling
- Rock Coring
- Concrete Coring
- Mineral Investigation
- Borrow Pit Investigation
- Well Monitoring
- All-Terrain Drilling Capabilities
Equipped with extensive experience, our environmental consultants perform environmental analysis and investigations for all your project needs.
- Environmental Consulting
- Environmental Engineers staffing
- Geological Investigations
- Program/Project Management
- Underground Storage Tank Management
- Hazardous and Solid Waste Management
- Identification of Hazardous Materials in Buildings
- Site Selection Evaluation Studies
Consider ordering an Environmental Site Assessment, or ESA, before purchasing a business property or a commercial structure.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- ESAs to comply with National Environmental Policy Act
Our professional geotechnical engineers possess significant experience with the unique subsurface geological conditions of each region we service.
- Geotechnical engineering
- Geotechnical consulting
- Geotechnical Engineers staffing
- Subsurface exploration
- Geophysical seismic site classification
- Dynamic soils properties (seismic and cyclical)
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR) studies
- Site excavation planning including dewatering design
- Engineering geology/geologic studies
- Mechanically-stabilized earth fill design
- Sinkhole exploration and remediation recommendations
- Impoundment liner design
- Field permeability testing
- Field soil strength testing
- Geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring
We offer a broad array of special inspection services including: structured steel inspections, masonry inspections, coatings inspections, roofing inspections, pavement inspections and failure investigation and analysis.
Structural Steel Inspections
- Certified Welding Inspectors
- Audit of plant and field procedures to determine conformance
- Destructive and nondestructive testing
- Welder and procedure qualification
- Prepare and evaluate welding procedures
- Reinforcing steel observation
- Preparing and testing mortar and grout specimens
- Concrete block, brick and masonry prism testing
- Observation of conformance with construction documents
- Absorption and Efflorescence
- Fireproofing-thickness, density, adhesion/cohesion
- Intumescent Paint
- Paint – wet and dry film thickness
- Roofing Inspectors
- Evaluation of roofing materials and specifications
- Application and conformance monitoring
- Pavement management services
- Pavement Condition Surveys and tests for functional and structural distress
Failure Investigation and Analysis
- Evaluate distress in architectural and structural materials
- Provide litigation support and expert services
- Seismic Site Classification utilizing shear wave analysis (Re-Mi)
- Non-invasive studies utililizing StructureScan/UtilityScan ground penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Floor Flatness Profiling utilizing FACE Dipstick Device
- Thermal Image Scanning utilizing FLIR
- Slip Resistance Testing
- Concrete Floor Gloss Testing (Static Coefficient of Friction)
- Condition Survey of Structures
Mercy Health Systems Hospital
Location: Rogers, AR
Project Value: $140 Million
Project Scope: Provided materials testing services and special inspections for 7 Story-350,000 sqf. hospital tower with separate multi-story professional office building and parking area.