- 3165 Pine Woods Rd.
- Springdale, AR 72762
- Phone:(479) 756-1555
- Fax: (479) 756-3864
- Hours: 8am to 5pm M-F
- Contact Us: Submit Online Form
We are proud to serve Northwest Arkansas through our Springdale location. Opened in 2005, our Springdale office is led by Joe Vistad. Mr. Vistad has over 9 years’ experience providing geotechnical consulting expertise on projects servicing a wide variety of markets. His experience includes the execution, analysis and management of complex geotechnical investigation programs, environmental and regulatory analysis, and storm water pollution assessment. He leads a team of over 15 that includes geotechnical engineers, geologists, construction materials testing (CMT) experts, environmental consultants and certified inspectors.
Our Springdale team has an extensive knowledge of the area’s unique soil and geologic conditions, enabling them to provide the best quality and workmanship to meet your project needs. In addition to drilling, geotechnical, and environmental engineering services, our Springdale office offers special inspection and construction materials testing services to ensure compliance with International Building Code (IBC) requirements; as well as special services, such as seismic testing, underground storage tank investigation, thermal image scanning and more.
We would love to work with you—our team of professional engineers, geologists, and CMT experts look forward to learning how we can help you build Northwest Arkansas. Visit our Services page to learn more about the solutions we provide, and consider partnering with us—fill out our simple Request a Proposal form today.
What does Springdale have to offer?
Interested in pursuing career opportunities with Building & Earth’s Springdale location? You’ve made the right choice!
Northwest Arkansas is a great place to live and work. The area boasts 500 miles of lake shoreline and a 36-mile trail system that cuts through the heart of the downtown Springdale area. Take your pick of local museums, sports facilities, shopping and local restaurants.
The fourth largest city in Arkansas, Springdale was recently named one of the fastest growing cities in the United States by WalletHub—it ranked 17th out of 515 cities, ahead of popular locales like Denver and Seattle. But it seems Springdale is on everyone’s radar:
- • Forbes ranked the Springdale metro area 24th on its list of best places for careers and business
- • U.S. News and World Reports recently named Northwest Arkansas the fifth best place to live in the nation
- • GoodCall named Springdale one of the top places to live for new graduates
Interested in exploring a career with Building & Earth in Springdale? Visit our Careers page to see our job openings in Springdale. Learn more about why the Northwest Arkansas area could be your next home:
What We Do
Construction Materials Testing
Building & Earth provides a full range construction materials testing (CMT) services including Laboratory and Field Testing, Soil Testing, Asphalt Testing and Concrete Testing.
- Compaction and Moisture Testing of Soil and Base
- Foundation Observations
- Concrete testing including Slump, Air Content, Compressive strength
- Masonry Testing and Observation Services
- Asphalt Testing Services
- Modified & Standard Proctor
- Swell Testing of Plastic Soils
- Classification Tests (Gradation/Atterberg Limit Tests)
- California Bearing Ratio
- Limerock Bearing Ratio
- Superpave Mix Evaluation
- Stability & Flow
- Marshall Density
- Bulk Specific Gravity
- Compressive Strength
- Flexural Strength
- Unit Weight
- Mix Design
- Splitting Tensile Test
Drilling and Coring Services
Our drilling and coring services team has vast knowledge of testing and evaluating subsurface conditions and materials.
- Split Spoon and Shelby Tube Sampling
- Rock Coring
- Concrete Coring
- Mineral Investigation
- Borrow Pit Investigation
- Well Monitoring
- All-Terrain Drilling Capabilities
To avoid the cost and stress of dealing with hazardous materials Building & Earth provides Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) as well as lead and asbestos surveys.
- Geological Investigations
- Site Selection Evaluation Studies
- Phase I ESA
- Phase II ESA
- ESAs to comply with National Environmental Policy Act
Geotechnical Engineering Services
Our professional geotechnical engineers possess significant experience with the unique subsurface geological conditions of each region we service.
- Geotechnical engineering
- Geotechnical consulting
- Geotechnical Engineers staffing
- Subsurface exploration
- Geophysical seismic site classification
- Dynamic soils properties (seismic and cyclical)
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR) studies
- Site excavation planning including dewatering design
- Engineering geology/geologic studies
- Mechanically-stabilized earth fill design
- Sinkhole exploration and remediation recommendations
- Impoundment liner design
- Field permeability testing
- Field soil strength testing
- Geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring
We offer a broad array of special inspection services including: structured steel inspections, masonry inspections, coatings inspections, roofing inspections, pavement inspections and failure investigation and analysis.
Structural Steel Inspections
- Certified Welding Inspectors
- Audit of plant and field procedures to determine conformance
- Destructive and nondestructive testing
- Welder and procedure qualification
- Prepare and evaluate welding procedures
- Reinforcing steel observation
- Preparing and testing mortar and grout specimens
- Concrete block, brick and masonry prism testing
- Observation of conformance with construction documents
- Absorption and Efflorescence
- Fireproofing-thickness, density, adhesion/cohesion
- Intumescent Paint
- Paint – wet and dry film thickness
- Roofing Inspectors
- Evaluation of roofing materials and specifications
- Application and conformance monitoring
- Pavement management services
- Pavement Condition Surveys and tests for functional and structural distress
Failure Investigation and Analysis
- Evaluate distress in architectural and structural materials
- Provide litigation support and expert services
- Seismic Site Classification utilizing shear wave analysis (Re-Mi)
- Non-invasive studies utililizing StructureScan/UtilityScan ground penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Floor Flatness Profiling utilizing FACE Dipstick Device
- Thermal Image Scanning utilizing FLIR
- Slip Resistance Testing
- Concrete Floor Gloss Testing (Static Coefficient of Friction)
- Condition Survey of Structures
Mercy Health Systems Hospital
Location: Rogers, AR
Project Value: $140 Million
Project Scope: Provided materials testing services and special inspections for 7 Story-350,000 sqf. hospital tower with separate multi-story professional office building and parking area.