- As a consulting engineering firm, Building & Earth offers expert geotechnical services, environmental consulting, construction materials testing (CMT), and inspection services to meet your construction needs. Our geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, and CMT professionals provide customized solutions to ensure your projects begin with the right foundation. We have regional offices throughout the country, including Little Rock. Each of our local branches has teams of consulting engineers with technical expertise in a wide range of industries.
Our professional engineers understand the unique geographical features of the local area. This depth of knowledge allows us to provide sound consultation to our clients and deliver best-in-class results. We are proud to be a part of the greater Little Rock area and its surrounding cities. Our Little Rock branch office is led by Mark Nolen. During his 28 year engineering career, Mr. Nolen, P.E. has managed geotechnical, environmental, and construction testing services on a variety of projects in a multitude of market sectors including education, highway, industrial, retail, commercial, residential, etc. Mr. Nolen’s variety and depth of experience makes him a great asset and leader for our local Branch.
As a professional engineering firm, we understand the importance of delivering quality technical expertise in the geotechnical and environmental areas. However, we go beyond providing technical competency by striving to build partnerships with each of clients. It is through this relationship that we can truly understand our client’s needs. This allows us to not only deliver top-notch results, but to also provide unbeatable customer service as well.
Providing a wide range of services, our consulting engineers provide environmental site assessments (ESA), subsurface exploration, soil testing, and much more. All of our professionals focus intently on internal quality control and stay abreast of changes in their fields through ongoing training and professional development. With branches across the country, our teams of experts have access to professionals at our other offices, allowing for synergy, teamwork, and knowledge sharing.
Our local team of engineering professionals and CMT experts will be happy to talk more about our services and how we can partner with you. Give us a call today!
What We Do
Building & Earth provides a full range construction materials testing (CMT) services including Laboratory and Field Testing, Soil Testing, Asphalt Testing and Concrete Testing.
- Compaction and Moisture Testing of Soil and Base
- Foundation Observations
- Concrete testing including Slump, Air Content, Compressive strength
- Masonry Testing and Observation Services
- Asphalt Testing Services
- Modified & Standard Proctor
- Swell Testing of Plastic Soils
- Classification Tests (Gradation/Atterberg Limit Tests)
- California Bearing Ratio
- Limerock Bearing Ratio
- Superpave Mix Evaluation
- Stability & Flow
- Marshall Density
- Bulk Specific Gravity
- Compressive Strength
- Flexural Strength
- Unit Weight
- Mix Design
- Splitting Tensile Test
Our drilling and coring services team has vast knowledge of testing and evaluating subsurface conditions and materials.
- Split Spoon and Shelby Tube Sampling
- Rock Coring
- Concrete Coring
- Mineral Investigation
- Borrow Pit Investigation
- Well Monitoring
- All-Terrain Drilling Capabilities
Equipped with extensive experience, our environmental consultants perform environmental analysis and investigations for all your project needs.
- Environmental Consulting
- Environmental Engineers staffing
- Geological Investigations
- Program/Project Management
- Underground Storage Tank Management
- Hazardous and Solid Waste Management
- Identification of Hazardous Materials in Buildings
- Site Selection Evaluation Studies
Consider ordering an Environmental Site Assessment, or ESA, before purchasing a business property or a commercial structure.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- ESAs to comply with National Environmental Policy Act
Our professional geotechnical engineers possess significant experience with the unique subsurface geological conditions of each region we service.
- Geotechnical engineering
- Geotechnical consulting
- Geotechnical Engineers staffing
- Subsurface exploration
- Geophysical seismic site classification
- Dynamic soils properties (seismic and cyclical)
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR) studies
- Site excavation planning including dewatering design
- Engineering geology/geologic studies
- Mechanically-stabilized earth fill design
- Sinkhole exploration and remediation recommendations
- Impoundment liner design
- Field permeability testing
- Field soil strength testing
- Geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring
We offer a broad array of special inspection services including: structured steel inspections, masonry inspections, coatings inspections, roofing inspections, pavement inspections and failure investigation and analysis.
Structural Steel Inspections
- Certified Welding Inspectors
- Audit of plant and field procedures to determine conformance
- Destructive and nondestructive testing
- Welder and procedure qualification
- Prepare and evaluate welding procedures
- Reinforcing steel observation
- Preparing and testing mortar and grout specimens
- Concrete block, brick and masonry prism testing
- Observation of conformance with construction documents
- Absorption and Efflorescence
- Fireproofing-thickness, density, adhesion/cohesion
- Intumescent Paint
- Paint – wet and dry film thickness
- Roofing Inspectors
- Evaluation of roofing materials and specifications
- Application and conformance monitoring
- Pavement management services
- Pavement Condition Surveys and tests for functional and structural distress
Failure Investigation and Analysis
- Evaluate distress in architectural and structural materials
- Provide litigation support and expert services
- Seismic Site Classification utilizing shear wave analysis (Re-Mi)
- Non-invasive studies utililizing StructureScan/UtilityScan ground penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Floor Flatness Profiling utilizing FACE Dipstick Device
- Thermal Image Scanning utilizing FLIR
- Slip Resistance Testing
- Concrete Floor Gloss Testing (Static Coefficient of Friction)
- Condition Survey of Structures
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Location: Little Rock, AR
Project Value: N/A
Project Scope: Building & Earth provided construction materials testing and inspection services.