Building & Earth is a professional engineering firm, committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations. Our geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, and construction materials testing experts (CMT) provide professional engineering services with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction. We offer a broad range of services including geotechnical services, environmental services, CMT and special inspections services. We use technologically advanced systems to provide timely and quality results.
Building & Earth is excited to be a part of the City of Tulsa, the Gateway to Green Country! Our local consulting engineers have become experts on the rolling hills and other geographical features of Tulsa and its surrounding cities. Understanding the geographical layout of the cities we serve allows our professional eningeers to provide expert consulting and deliver top-notch results. Marco Silvestre leads our Tulsa OK branch. Mr. Silvestre has over 17 years of experience as a geotechnical engineer. His expertise in subsurface exploration, evaluation studies, and quality assurance testing enables him to provide a wealth of knowledge and guidance to our Tulsa team.
We are experienced in a wide range of industries, having completed projects in the market sectors of education, medical, industrial, commercial, residential, utilities, and many more. Our team of consulting engineers are registered in 35 states, within 12 offices across the country. Our regional span allows our local team of professional engineers to reach out to other teams and engineering consultants across the country for further breadth of knowledge. We have a strong focus on team-work, internal quality control, and professional development. We understand we can only provide excellent results to our clients when we employ excellent associates.
We are a client-driven business and we take the time to truly understand our client’s needs. We strive to build strong relationships with our clients so that we may provide unparalleled service and deliver the best results.
Contact our Tulsa OK branch today. Our local team of environmental consultants, geotechnical engineers, CMT and inspection services experts will show you how we can help your next construction project be a success!
What We Do
Building & Earth provides a full range construction materials testing (CMT) services including Laboratory and Field Testing, Soil Testing, Asphalt Testing and Concrete Testing.
- Compaction and Moisture Testing of Soil and Base
- Foundation Observations
- Concrete testing including Slump, Air Content, Compressive strength
- Masonry Testing and Observation Services
- Asphalt Testing Services
- Modified & Standard Proctor
- Swell Testing of Plastic Soils
- Classification Tests (Gradation/Atterberg Limit Tests)
- California Bearing Ratio
- Limerock Bearing Ratio
- Superpave Mix Evaluation
- Stability & Flow
- Marshall Density
- Bulk Specific Gravity
- Compressive Strength
- Flexural Strength
- Unit Weight
- Mix Design
- Splitting Tensile Test
Our drilling and coring services team has vast knowledge of testing and evaluating subsurface conditions and materials.
- Split Spoon and Shelby Tube Sampling
- Rock Coring
- Concrete Coring
- Mineral Investigation
- Borrow Pit Investigation
- Well Monitoring
- All-Terrain Drilling Capabilities
Equipped with extensive experience, our environmental consultants perform environmental analysis and investigations for all your project needs.
- Environmental Consulting
- Environmental Engineers staffing
- Geological Investigations
- Program/Project Management
- Underground Storage Tank Management
- Hazardous and Solid Waste Management
- Identification of Hazardous Materials in Buildings
- Site Selection Evaluation Studies
Consider ordering an Environmental Site Assessment, or ESA, before purchasing a business property or a commercial structure.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- ESAs to comply with National Environmental Policy Act
Our professional geotechnical engineers possess significant experience with the unique subsurface geological conditions of each region we service.
- Geotechnical engineering
- Geotechnical consulting
- Geotechnical Engineers staffing
- Subsurface exploration
- Geophysical seismic site classification
- Dynamic soils properties (seismic and cyclical)
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR) studies
- Site excavation planning including dewatering design
- Engineering geology/geologic studies
- Mechanically-stabilized earth fill design
- Sinkhole exploration and remediation recommendations
- Impoundment liner design
- Field permeability testing
- Field soil strength testing
- Geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring
We offer a broad array of special inspection services including: structured steel inspections, masonry inspections, coatings inspections, roofing inspections, pavement inspections and failure investigation and analysis.
Structural Steel Inspections
- Certified Welding Inspectors
- Audit of plant and field procedures to determine conformance
- Destructive and nondestructive testing
- Welder and procedure qualification
- Prepare and evaluate welding procedures
- Reinforcing steel observation
- Preparing and testing mortar and grout specimens
- Concrete block, brick and masonry prism testing
- Observation of conformance with construction documents
- Absorption and Efflorescence
- Fireproofing-thickness, density, adhesion/cohesion
- Intumescent Paint
- Paint – wet and dry film thickness
- Roofing Inspectors
- Evaluation of roofing materials and specifications
- Application and conformance monitoring
- Pavement management services
- Pavement Condition Surveys and tests for functional and structural distress
Failure Investigation and Analysis
- Evaluate distress in architectural and structural materials
- Provide litigation support and expert services
- Seismic Site Classification utilizing shear wave analysis (Re-Mi)
- Non-invasive studies utililizing StructureScan/UtilityScan ground penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Floor Flatness Profiling utilizing FACE Dipstick Device
- Thermal Image Scanning utilizing FLIR
- Slip Resistance Testing
- Concrete Floor Gloss Testing (Static Coefficient of Friction)
- Condition Survey of Structures
St. John Broken Arrow Hospital
St. John Broken Arrow Hospital
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Project Value: $97 Million
Project Scope: Provided construction materials testing(CMT) services for 6 story, 96 bed hospital and medical office building.